Monday, July 17, 2006

Weddings and such things

So this weekend was spent preparing and taking part in a dear friend's wedding. My best bud Rushteen.....Rjay's sister and Heather's sister in law. Friday we had the rehearsal, followed by a barbecue at the groom's family camp. It's really neat, it's on a pond, they have boats and paddle boats...pretty nifty. Saturday was like the hottest day and I was sucked into my bridesmaid's dress, seeing how it was one I wore 6 years ago for a wedding. It is a size 6!!! Thank God for empire waists or my belly definitely would not have fit into it!!! Heather was also appreciative her gown fit seeing how we both had ours before we were pregnant. Many tears were shed as the beautiful bride walked down the isle. I told Heather that mine and hers were just pregnancy hormones!!! LOL!!!! Anyways it was a great day, and the wedding was a much deserved blessing for the bride and groom.
On other news, my niece Kiersten is home currently. She is on an antibiotic that they aren't supposed to give to people under 18 and she's 3. The docs didn't even tell Tracey that, the pharmicist did and he didn't want to fill it. It is an anthrax antidote. Not that Kiersten has that but it is the only medication that will kill the bacteria that she has. Basically the medication could cause her lungs to collapse, but the doctor told Tracey that the risks have to be weighed against the benefits. We are just praying that there will be no side effects on her. She has already been through so much. God will answer our prayers, I know He will.
On yet another note....the 105 year old woman I was taking care of at the nursing home, Nellie, has passed away. I was sad, but very happy for her because she wanted to "see her folks, and husband, and son," so badly. She was a believer so I believe she is in Heaven with all of those people she was aching to see so bad. I would catch her praying and asking God to take her, she would ask Him how long until it was time to go. She just wanted to go so desperately. I tried to visit her as often as I could since I quit the nursing home. I visited her about 4 times since May. I just hope that she knows now how much I cared. I don't know what God allows in Heaven, if He lets people know what people on earth thought or felt about a person. I guess I will find out one day.
Well not much else, feeling good, can't complain!!!!

1 comment:

Heather Dowling said...

So sorry to hear about Nellie, I know she had a special place in your heart. It is a great thing to know that she is sitting at Jesus' feet though. Hope you're doing ok.