Friday, March 30, 2007

Mixed Blessings

Well I have had an extremely emotional week...actually the last couple of weeks have been highly draining, with Veronica being in the hospital and then the other things that happened. One of them being that my Dad was diagnosed with Stage 1 Parkinson's disease. It was suspected for a while but not confirmed until he went to a specialist. He is telling our church this weekend. The blessing is that it is only in the first stage.... Also a good pastor friend of ours was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The blessing there is that they went in for something else and if he hadn't had that other problem, they wouldn't of found it. So it's a blessing that they might of caught it in time. The last thing that happened was that I found out something that I thought was true for 3 years was a lie from a person close to me. And they are still denying lieing about it which makes it hard to get past it. In that case I can only pray they will tell the truth.
One very big emotional blessing I have had this week was seeing my niece Brittany. Not only did I see her, after 2 long years, but she stayed with me, which is a miracle in itself because of an issue we had before she even ran away from home. She's living back in the town her parents live in, but unfortuneately it's with that guy and his family. The good thing is, I was able to give her an unbiased view on things I saw, and she was actually receptive. We stayed up until 4am one night....which happened to be the first night Veronica slept through the night....I could of slept!!! Oh well, at least I got to speak into Brittany's life. She told me I gave her some things to think about, which I hope is good. I was also happy to find out she still believes in God and that Jesus is the Savior. She has some wacky beliefs now, but at least she knows that. Hopefully this week was an opening to her getting back on the right path.
Well that's it for now....I must admit that with the illnesses my Dad and Mom and friends are facing, I am having a low faith moment.....I know God CAN heal....I just don't know if He WILL heal....and I am having a hard time with it. I guess all I can do is pray.......

1 comment:

Heather Dowling said...

Much prayer headed your way... my poor friend. God is good.