I have a day off!!!! ERGO the title.....A DAY OFF!!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!! Anyhoo, days off are flippin sweet in the words of my dear pal Napoleon Dynamite. Today I can sit and read my Bible with no interuptions, I can spend time with God and not worry about anything....I can clean my flippin house!!!! And take a nice bath and actually shave not using an electric razor!!! WOOHOO!!! So anyways that is my plan of action today.
Today is one of those fall days that I just love. Normally I hate rain, but sometimes a good fall rain can be refreshing. It's one of those days you just want to cuddle up with a good book and be lazy, drinking peppermint tea. Or coffee.......but too much of that will make ya buzzier than a bee!!!
I am reflective today on some things that are going on in my life. It's really cool how God works because He knew I needed some rest. No matter how much I mess up he is always faithful to me. How can we not love him?? My friend Heather D. was talking about her friend who had passed away and the torch he dropped, and how we all must carry it now. It reminds me off a girl who lived her life for the Lord only to be gunned down while eating her lunch outside of her high school, simply for saying she believed in God. That girl was Rachel Scott of the Columbine massacre, and she too dropped a torch. Her funeral was broadcast and Cnn, and that network said they had never had such high ratings to that point. People heard her pastor speak of the torch that Rachel had carried, and how now it laid, bloody, waiting to be picked up by the faithful. Well that day sparked something in me. Here was this 17-year old girl who had so much faith and was able to stand up in the presence of her enemies and say yes I believe!!! Can you imagine when Rachel and the others that were killed stood in front of God.....almost all of them christians, and Dylan and Eric the killers had to see what they had done, and watch Rachel and the others allowed into eternity with the Lord, only to be turned away themselves?? The great grief and anguish they must of felt. Anyways if you haven't read Rachel's story you should. It will make you see that excuses suck and we really need to stand up and carry that torch. Rachel's Tears is the book that most inspired me. Well I am quite long winded so I will end this now, but here's food for thought. What torch are you carrying??
Friday, October 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hopefully the torch that God has called us to long ago that we're all trying to deny... huh? :)
I wish some young people we know would capture God's voice now and then.
I wish I had a day off. Someday when we have our babies we'll spend our days together talking about who's is cutier... or something like that.
See you tonight. 7pm Peabody's. We've got Courtney.
Post a Comment