Yes I feel it, the Christmas Letdown. All that buildup for weeks and then suddenly, kabang, gone. Thank God!!! I see retailers are trying to squeeze the last little bit of money out of us consumers....."Christmas Clearance Sale," and the ever popular, "Get what you really wanted for Christmas...." Like we didn't spend enough money!!! Going to church on Christmas morning was great. A lot of family members we have, had church on like Friday or Saturday. We had church right on the day of celebration. And why not?? That's what Christmas is about isn't it?? Why would you not honor God on His own birthday celebration!!! I am not bashing anyone's church that didn't have church Sunday, I just am grateful ours did. I got my sewing machine for Christmas, now I just have to learn how to sew!!! I also got the last Mitford book, A Light from Heaven. So now I can stop complaining that I don't have it Jackie!!! I will be ticked if the author does what I think she's going to do....I will soon find out, I started it last night!!! Then when I give it to my mom to read, I will give her little hints about the story line just to drive her nuts!!! I am so bad!!!
Well today might be challenging. Right now the two youngest cherubs are asleep, but the two oldest have no school!!! And then somehow I got saddled with two more of my kin, my niece Maddy and nephew Mateo. I agreed to the deal without realizing there was no school, so six kids today!!! AAAHHHGGGG!!! "God grant me the serenity....." Just kidding!!! They are all good kids. Normally I would take advantage of little Aidan sleeping in late and lay down next to him to get some shut-eye, but with the other ones home and two on the way, not likely to happen.
So as far as visiting family on Christmas it was kind of relaxing. We stayed at Tim's mom's house and were just kind of lazy. She had to work so we didn't see as much of her as we would have liked to. And we only saw his dad and stepmom on Christmas Eve. Trying to balance out both is hard as they all love us and want us much time with us as possible. Maybe when I stop working we can go visit them more often, but I will still have to find another job. I won't be babysitting as of Jan. 31. Boy how that will be hard to not see my little babes every day, but I know God has a plan for me in not sitting anymore. I will just have to steal the kids once in a while from Tracey!!! I am sure she won't mind!!! Well that's about all the excitement for the day. Hope all is well with you all!!! Have a blessed day!!!!
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you had a great Christmas!
what do you think she's going to do in Light from Heaven?
So do you want any hints or not? I can clear up your suspicions easily you know! ;-)
Post a Comment