Thursday, March 16, 2006
Breakthrough
So I have heard this word a lot, breakthrough. In church, by my own pastor, and by prophets and teachers all around the world. This is the year for the church, the year of breakthrough, the year that will top any year we have ever known in our existance. Miracles are coming, salvations are coming, and worldwide changes are coming. Do I believe this? In the words of Napoleon Dynamite....Heck Yes I DO!!!! I believe it. And I also believe that's why so many people I know, including myself, are under such an attack. Because the enemy would like us not to push forward. He wants to cripple us so that we won't move forward. Why? Because he's scared. Because he feels it too...the sense of something big about to happen. But I won't do it. I won't be crippled. I have lived through a lot in my short life. Pain and things that no one would ever even imagine. Things that have tried to cripple, and bring destruction, and rob my life or my family or my church. And the harder the wind blows against me, the more I want to stand against it. To resist it's force, to overcome. In the tornado of attacks, I will be in the center of the eye, standing firm with my Savior. For the word says that no weapon formed against me shall prosper, and I believe it. My God has never let me down. He has never failed me. He is victorious, He has already won the battle, it belongs to Him. When darkness comes in like a flood, the battle belongs to the Lord. I am standing firm on this. I encourage you all to stand strong, to not let the things of this world overcome you. For we are overcomers through Him. I lean on the strength of my Lord to get me through.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good stuff. What do you mean you didn't hear anything last night?
You're kidding? You haven't heard the wind over the course of the last 3 days? Or felt it driving to watertown? It's been terrible?!
The three things that will last for all eternity are God, the Word and the souls of people.
It was a part of the bible curriculum we are doing with our youth and i thought it was such a challenging question. How is what i'm doing impacting the souls of those around me? Is the Word a central part of my day? Am I praying and seeking God right now, as much as i will for all eternity? What part of my day is devoted to those three really important things, rather than all the rest of the junk we occupy our time with.
anyway. that's the answer.
It is a Doug Fields Cimply Youth curriculum called Living on Purpose. Its really good. I tried to put a link to it on here but i messed it up
Jackie gave me the link for that Doug Fields thing. I have it at home and can send it to you if you want. We could all look @ it together if you wanted.
Post a Comment