Okay I guess people read, although I don't know why, not much exciting!!! LOL!!! Just kidding. So a lot of people said they read and don't comment, so I guess I will keep blogging so all of you can read the exciting adventures of Kathy the Daycare Provider!! LOL!!! I am so highly ticked because my cat has utterly destroyed my Christmas tree. I haven't had it turned on since the night we put it up, because he has litterly destroyed it. I don't know what to do!!! This is my favorite time of the year and it seems like the enemy is trying his best to rob it, just like last year. But I will not be defeated!!! Of course it is more than just the tree...it is a lot of other issues going on. I just saw a commercial last night that really ticked me off. These two parents are in the front of a car and they have two kids in the back of the car fighting over something really loud. The parents just sit there until the object flys towards the mom's face, and then the announcer says, "Time for a portable dvd player?" NO it's called time to teach your kids how to behave and not give them everything they want!!! This is such a get get get society. It sickens me. I am amazed at how kids nowadays just assume they are going to get what they want. I really wish they could just go to other countries and see what it really means to need. I mean I wish all of us who are so blessed could. Even when we think we have no money or whatever, do we really see what we have? I don't know why I am off on this tangent. Probably because I have had it up to here with all these Christmas commercials talking about the "perfect gift," and "get them what they really want." Yes gifts are nice, and I myself look forward to giving and recieving. But it has gotten so out of hand. I think now more than previous years. I see people who absolutely cannot afford it, going out and buying hundreds and hundreds of dollars on things that their kids and relatives are only going to use once. I am just stunned at the way that people go into debt and will put themselves at risk of having to pay off stuff for years just to get stuff for people. Like I said, I love giving, and I love recieving. I don't think it needs to be so out of hand. And where is Jesus in all of this? I see all these lawns with inflatable snowmen and santas and even scooby doo. I rarely see a manger scene. Has this been going on for long? Or am I just now noticing it? I don't know. I guess it is just really bugging me that people are delegating Christmas to be this way. Oh well. Thankfully I have a family and church family who know what it's all about. Thankfully I have a Saviour who didn't hesitate despite our selfishness. I only hope that I can put my focus on what's really important this time of the year. And that my life will reflect my Saviour.
P.S. Court I don't know what I did with your email.... this is mine..... saveferris197924@yahoo.com
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had to chuckle when I read " I think the enemy is trying to rob..." especially because your cat is now the enemy (Vador) ha ha
The Scooby Doos are the worst!
I totally agree with you Kat. I'm sick and tired of Christmas being turned into Happy Holidays because Lord knows we wouldn't want to offend anyone. Well, what about Christ. After all he is the reason for Christmas. People need to wake up.
Post a Comment