Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Get Away

I am afraid if I don't get away I am going to go crazy. I am not handling things all that well lately. I am just plain tired of people's demands on me. People demand things and when you protest they throw a fit. Well I am sorry I can't do everything that everyone wants all the time. It's just not humanly possible. Tim and I have been trying to go to Syracuse for the last 2 weekends and we planned for this weekend and something church-related came up and then the weekend after this one I was just told I have to speak at a women's luncheon. I am not complaining ab0ut speaking, as anyone knows me I love to talk. I just need to get out of here. The every day, the demands, the people not appreciating what I do for them. I could slit my wrists and give them my blood and still there would be a reason as to why I am wrong. I just don't know anymore what to do. I can't please everyone, only God. Sometimes I want to stay in my bed, curled up in a ball, wrapped up like a coccoon that will never open. Stop the world, I want to get off........I am really not trying to be negative, it's very hard though when there is a lot of negativity around you.....you have to fight to not let it consume you. But it's also hard not to be depressed when it feels like your going nowhere. I work, come home, eat, watch a little tv, read my Bible, and go to sleep. And our weekends seem to be dictated to us every weekend. We can't even have husband/wife time or getaways because something, whether it be family or church or friends, is always dictating our weekends to us. I just need to get away or I think I will be affected permenantly from this garbage all around me, and that' not how I want to live my life. I dont' want to be one of those people who are negative all the time, and blaming others for everything wrong in their lives. I want to be who God wants me to be. I know the Bible says to walk in the fullness of Joy....but my cup is constantly giving out to others and rarely being filled by them. I have problems, I have issues, I have stresses, do you see any of the people who want me to bend over backwards for them trying to comfort me when I need it????? Oh well. God is all I need. He is all I have, and that' s more than enough to get through, so the Joy of the Lord will be my strength. Once I get it off my chest I feel better, so I am already improving for the day. How Great is Our God..............

No comments: