Friday, February 03, 2006

My REAL Friday

So today is the real Friday, and I actually got up earlier. Still slept in, but only until 9am. I wanted to get up early enough to work on my book. Now that I have some tips from a real author I am not so apprehensive. Every time I have tried to start I have gotten a few chapters done and then I got discouraged because it wasn't in proper manuscript form, so I would stop. I was afraid of typing it all over again. Now that I semi-know what I am doing I am not so afraid. Plus I know this is my calling. I have known it since I was a kid. And I have had words spoken over me that have confirmed it, more than once. So I am excited/nervous/overwhelmed. I know exactly where I am going with this book, I just need to organize it and actually write it. I really want to write something for Christian teens that will affect them. Not that sugar-coated, every Christian teen is perfect and only their friends have problems, stuff. I am not bashing that, it's just I want something more, something with meat to it, that can really show teens God's redemptive power and the grace and mercy He gives us so freely.......
Well anyways, today is rainy and dreary. Yesterday was a beautiful sun-filled day. It felt so good to see the sun. I knew it was just a tease...taunting us....like, "Ha ha, I am only out for today, now you get 4 more months of winter while I disappear!!!" LOL!!! I can just hear that sun teasing us!!! But rainy days like this are actually perfect for writing because I am not wishing I was outside in the sun. Yesterday I took full advantage, me and my gal Roxy, (my doggy!!) went for a walk, and she loved it just as much as I did!!! Poor girl, she needs to get out, I feel bad I can never take her. With these two extra days off now it is really going to help me out a lot. Thank you so much Lord for helping me out like that!!! Well I must go and work out...no I did not do it yesterday like I was supposed to....hee, hee, hee.....but I did clean!!!! Have a blessed day!!!

1 comment:

Heather Dowling said...

It's so exciting to hear you getting into this book. Perhaps we'll write something together someday since my prophetic word leaned towards writing for children and academics. Fun fun!