Monday, February 06, 2006

Snowwyyy!!!

Well today is a snowy day. There was a white-out on the way into Watertown this morning. Thankfully school wasn't cancelled, hee, hee, hee!!!! It was too late, buses were out and everything. Well I didn't do too much this weekend. All those hours I planned on working on my book??? Well it was just one thing after another that prevented me from doing so. So I was disappointed. I had Aidan overnight Friday night, which, we cancelled youth group because there would have only been three people there. So Saturday we had a ladies luncheon at church, and I realized the youth group was supposed to clean the church, so Mom and I stayed after and did the whole thing by ourselves. Oh well, that' s what being a servant in the house of the Lord means....no complaints here!!!
Tim and I taped Aidan dancing Friday. We turned on one of our digital music stations on the tv. He was so hysterical. He looked like he was doing a hula dance. Putting his little hands up and swaying back and forth. It was so funny. And then when I watched it later and saw myself on it, I realized it was time to go back on South Beach Diet. I don't think I am fat, but I don't want to get there either. I know that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and I need to take care of it. I have been highly convicted of that lately. I don't believe God has issue with body size. I believe he has issue when we don't take care of ourselves the way we should. I highly need to eat a lot more greens and a lot less chocolate!!! The working out is paying off though, I lost 3 lbs. So I am getting somewhere.
My father was preaching Sunday on self-pity, and letting your circumstances control your life. That is something that's absolutely ringing true with me. Just within the small circle of sheep we tend I see a trend. I have learned, and am still learning to rise above my circumstances, because I know that that means I am impacting for the Lord. If I wasn't I wouldn't be getting attacked. Sometimes it's God testing too. I just know that if I am ticking off Satan, then I am doing my job. So even though things hurt, and mountains come, I know I must climb them and overcome, because to sit down and admit defeat is not an option...at least not in my book. Well I have little ones to deal with.....congratulations MaryAnn on your team winning!!! I wasn't going to root for them until I found out Pastor Dudley called Dad mournfully when the Yanks were losing to say he was sorry they were losing...so I had to cheer for his team!!! Everyone have a blessed day!!!

2 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

Sunday sounds like it was good. Sorry we missed it. Hopefully youth group will have everyone there this week.

Heather Dowling said...

Yes, yes. You do quite a good job reminding R.Jay and I how mushy we are. Thanks:)