Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Weekend

Well this holiday weekend was certainly busy. After helping Tim's mom all day Saturday and not getting home until midnight, because we stopped at Target and to eat my birthday dinner, I was ready for some fun!!!! My birthday was pretty uneventful in the way that it was just moving stuff and cleaning, but I did have a little scare. The day before and the day of I was having a lot of pain in my lower abdomen. So much so I called my doctor because at some points it was doubling me over. I got the midwife on call and she told me to lay down for an hour and drink a lot of water. I did that and called her back, and I was feeling somewhat better. She said she thought I just overdid it over the weekend and pulled some muscles. I think she was right because I have continually felt better, thank you Lord!!!
On Sunday we headed to Saranac Lake with RJay and Heather. We checked into the Hotel Saranac and Tim and I went to a play at the Pendragon Theater. Arsenic and Old Lace. It was really a great performance, nothing cheesy or small town about it. I was delightfully surprised. Tim enjoyed it too. We are already talking about going back for their Christmas play. The next day we got up and had a nice breakfast and headed out to Lake Placid where we proceeded to shop!!! Heather got her fill of the Gap outlet, which I got some stuff that actually fits me being pregnant. And I was able to find a 1930's Bulova watch, for only $40. It works and is in very nice condition. It fits my wrist perfect too....it was meant for me!!! Usually these watches sell for like $100 and up, so this was a great find!!!!
All in all it was a very nice mini-vacation. Now I have to clean all this clutter in my house from stuff Tim's mother has given us, to various items acquired in our travels. I hate unpacking, uggghhhhh!!!!!

1 comment:

Heather Dowling said...

YAY! GAP OUTLET!!!