So I finally have the stuff to do the baby's room. We are doing a safari/Noah's Ark theme. I was going to do Care Bears but Tim says that if we have a boy that that's not manly enough. Anyways I like the Biblical theme behind the Noah's Ark better. We have a border that has purple and blue and yellow and green and some other colors, and it has lions and elephants and giraffes and koala bears. And then we got these little wallpaper cut outs that have those animals plus palm trees. We can use those to make a lamp or put on the dresser to customize it. Then we got a yellow cream color for the wall. It's going to be super cute. Now if I can only get all the junk out of there to organize it!!!
We also purchase paint for our kitchen. We are doing the cabinets a white, and putting new nickel polished handles and hinges on them. Then the walls which are like wood planks, will be a dusky blue, like a cottagy sort of look. We are looking into a new countertop as well, and eventually we need to get an updated dishwasher, just for looks cuz ours works fine, but it's like from the 80's. We are also looking into tiling the floor because we have carpet, yes I said carpet, in our kitchen.
So that's what I have to be excited about right now.
To not be excited about....My Grandpa had a stroke. By the grace of God he was already in the hospital for a routine procedure, and they caught it before it paralized him. Thank you Lord. Also my sister needs immense prayer because her abusive, drug-using, violent ex-husband, gets Aidan and Kiersten, UNSUPERVISED, this weekend. And he is capable of anything, and when I say anything, I mean anything. So please keep that in your prayers.......
Other than that, I am just thankful I have a God who loves me and never fails me, I know through all these trials, He is in control......on to cleaning for the day. Story of my life.....lol.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for picking a theme and getting the materials to turn that little room into a wonderful nursery!
I still haven't quite decided what to get you and baby for the shower in a few weeks, but I have some fun ideas.
Yay for God's hand on Thompson babies. Praise God Kierstan and Aidan are home with mom! :)
Post a Comment