Well my baby shower was Saturday. It was fun and I got quite a few things. I like whoever came up with the tradition of people throwing you a party and giving you free stuff!!! That's a great tradition!!! But seriously I am thankful. I have awesome friends and church members and family members. I got my playpen off of my registry care of Heather and her two sister-in-laws and mother-in-law. And then I got a very chic diaper bag and a bouncy seat from my other friend Heather. And my Mom purchased my high chair. And my sister got me this cool bouncy rocker thing that turns into a rocker for a toddler. Plus the normal little baby odds and ends. I have another shower on November 18 with Tim's side of the family. It won't be as big as this one was. Tim's Mom is in Colorado so she won't be able to come, and his oldest sister as well, although I doubt she would come anyways.....long story. Hopefully I will get some more of the bigger items I need, not that I am selfish, I am just worried about not having that stuff. But my God shall supply all of my needs right!!!
We had guest ministry yesterday at church and a fellowship dinner afterwards. He talked about disapointments robbing your joy, and not really knowing who you are in Christ. Because if Christians aren't comfortable with who they are in Christ, how are they going to witness to others? He also talked about losing hope, and how that keeps us as Christians from fighting the fight. It sounds so simple, but it refreshed me. With the trial for my sister and a million other things coming up, I have had so much burden and stress upon me. I felt so hopeless and like things were never going to go our way. But I was reminded, duh, that God is bigger than these circumstances, and if I don't fight with prayer and lose my hope and faith, then the Enemy has already won. So I have a fresh outlook on the whole situation. Plus my sister recieved an awesome word that starting January 1 it was going to be a whole new year, not just on the calendar, but that she was going to be victorious and that what satan has robbed, God is going to replace. It was awesome, and I am sure it encouraged her, but it encouraged me as well. When darkness comes in like a flood, the battle belongs to the Lord!!!!
Hope you all are well!!!
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds lik eyou ahd fun with your shower! They are a wonderful tradition, I agree. If you don't get all your big items, you should check out Grandma's Kids in CAnton. Its a thrift shop with furniture, baby gear and tons of clothes in great condition. And her prices are great.
THanks for the offer of help with the video. I can get the video onto the computer, our cancorderis super eady to use, the problem I'm having is transferring it to a webpage so I can share it with family. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Your shower was lots 'o fun!
I did get your comment but the problem I'm having is uploading it to Google video. They don't accept the format that Windows moviemaker saves it in. I've just given up at this point until my husband's computer genius friends are here from Rochester to show me how to do it!
Post a Comment