Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My brain off drugs

Okay for those of you who don't know the commercial let me tell you what it says. It says, "This is your brain," and shows a nice intact egg. And then it says, "This is your brain on drugs," and shows a not-even-appetizing scrambled egg. Well I have to disagree with that commercial...it has been about one and a half to two weeks without my zoloft, and I can tell you my brain has got to be the scrambled one, because I am just doing the most stupidest things with absolutely no reasoning behind them. Case-in-point....I just put my brand new $70 silk-like-material comforter into the dryer and not only melted it but left a nice sticky substance on the back of my dryer that my husband had to chip off, which he couldn't get all of it off so I am praying there will be no sticky residue transferred to my clothing!!! This is not the first idiotical thing I have done in the last couple of weeks. I put my hand around the barrel of a 2" diameter curling iron thinking it was off and had to go to my urgent care because my whole handprint was as scarlet as my now ruined comforter. Thankfully God miraculously healed that one. I am having one long stupid moment rolled into a chain of events. I have knocked things over. I have broken things. I have been on what feels like constant pms. I just don't know what's going on here man!!!! Of course lack of sleep probably doesn't help. And how dumb am I to stop taking it right before a major youth conference where I was with teenagers for three days straight. No offense to my youth group, they are great kids, it's just so tiring man!!! Anyways I write this in light heartedness, but a word to the wise, if you want to stop taking a brain stimulating medication, for goodness sakes don't be Kat.....ween yourself of it. Hey Heather....Don't Be That Guy......LOL!!! So here I write my humiliating scrambled brain ramblings.....hope you all enjoy.

3 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

"Don't be that Kat"

I firmly believe that you stepping out in faith and going off the Zoloft is exactly the way God is going to heal your heart and mind and you will never have to use it again. In Jesus Name!!! Woo HOO!!!

See you tonight.

Heather Dowling said...

I hope you're feeling better :(
We missed you last night.

Hopefully this is baby yuckies!! YES YES!!!

:)

Kat said...

Sorry....it's not....but God is in control.