Ahhh, just finished the final Mitford book and I must say, I am sad. I cried. You get so attached to characters because they remind you of people you know. For instance the character Uncle Billy reminds me of a dear man who was an elder in our church named Gordon Wood, he passed away of cancer a few years ago. I will not give away any of the book because I want Heather to read them...which I have the first book for you Heather, I got it back from my sister-in-law. Jackie don't give it away, I gotta get Heather to join our Mitford cult...LOL!!! Anyways, I love Jan Karon and her writing style. If you have never heard of these books I highly recommend them. They are a series starting with At Home In Mitford.
Other than that I am sick...uggghhh.....sinus infection yet again, and I felt it began to spread to my ears so I had to go to the doctor today. Luckily my sister was able to have the two little ones in her office while Tim took me. That helped. I am on an anti-biotic for about the 10th time in the space of six months. I am really getting tired of it, eventually I know the anti-biotics won't work because I have taken them so much. I am believing for healing from sinus issues and allergies. My God is a big G, not a little g, God and I know He can do it!!! I also know He can heal my family's very dear friend Lynn Cool. Please keep her in your prayers, I thought it was stage 3 cancer but it is stage 4 and we just found out it has spread to her brain. My parents have not been able to get thru to her family so it is not looking good, but like I said, God is in the miracle business and I know He can do it, please agree with me in prayer on this matter.
So a lot of you have been asking why I won't be baby-sitting anymore and it isn't anything bad or anything. My doctor said extra stress and the hours aren't helping with the pregnancy issue, plus I am just worn. I love my little peanuts more than anything and this was a very difficult decision, because I know that when I am here I can teach them God's love and teach them morals, etc. But my sister does a good job of that too, so I can't feel too guilty!!! I really don't want to leave them but right now I don't see many options. So at the end of January I will be done, and needing a new job. If you all could keep that in prayer I would appreciate it, I need something part-time with daytime hours. I appreciate all your prayers!!!
On one last note I had something really weird yet cool happen to me. I was sitting in my bed, chatting over the day's events with my hubby a few nights ago, when all of the sudden, I kid you not, I heard baby's laughter come from the room across the hall that Tim and I have designated as the baby room. I thought I was nuts and said, "Tim did you hear that?" And he said, "A baby's laugh?" And we just looked at each other like, "wow." I thought it was a sign from God that it would happen soon, but I didn't voice it because I wanted confirmation. So this morning my sister when I called Tracey she was like, "Denise has been trying to call you all morning, she says she has good news for you." Denise is my sister-in-law, married to my brother Kevin. So I called her and she told me that she was sitting in bed and she saw my face and heard me laugh. And I told her I was pregnant. And she prayed and she asked God if this was Him giving her this vision, and she felt the Holy Spirit wash over her and tell her that yes it was going to happen very soon!!! But both things that happened included laughter, like Joy. And I have really felt lately that God is setting things up for Tim and I to be ready. So I am standing in faith and hope and I know God is going to honor His promises to Tim and I. One thing God showed me is in Isaiah 54. The entire chapter. But it begins with, "Sing, o barren, You who have not labored with child! For more are the children of the desolate, than the children of the married woman," says the Lord. "Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen you stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And you descendants will inherit the nations....." The whole thing goes on to say you will not be ashamed or disgraced, and is basically a promise. God showed me that a few months ago. And there is also another scripture but I can't think of it right now:( But anyways I just know that God keeps His promises and I am trusting that, so to end this post, I am ending on a happy, even though I am sick, note. Hope you all have blessed weekends!!!
Friday, January 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Its so encouraging to see you encouraged! I can honestly say that its so hard for me to imagine being in your situation and I am amazed at the strength and peace you exhibit through this time. It really pushes me to be thankful and loving to my girls - even when they are acting wacko!
I understand what you said about Mitford. I think there are a few things she should ahve brought to a better conclusion. But, there is going to be another series - the Father Tim years, or something like that. Maybe it will kind of continue. Especially with Dooley. That needed to be tied up with a big fat bow on it!! ;-)
Go to anti-ivy.com , look at the templates as well as the free graphics. If you see something you like, let me know. You can also check blogger-templates.blogspot.com
pinkfreak.niftykeen.net/design/
and also check the links area of both pages. Sometimes they have good links to other free designs.
oh and Josh is going out tonight, so I will be bored - if you want me to design a new template for you, tonight would be a really good time for me.
And if you find a graphic that you like on anti-ivy.com, I can design a template around it.
don't know if you will ike them but I made two templates and formatted one of the anti-ivy templates. They are here:
jackiestemplates.blogspot.com
jackiestemplates1.blogspot.com
jackiestemplates2.blogspot.com
let me know if you are interested!
whoops
make the numers in the web addresses 2 and 3 rather than 1 and 2.
jackiestemplates(2 rather than 1, 3 rather than 2).blahblah
sorry!
Post a Comment