So my niece Kiersten is sick. My sister is taking her to the ER as we "speak." Her throat is is so swollen you can literally only see like a tooth-pick sized hole into her throat. She's definitely going to have to get those tonsils out. Please keep this little one in prayer, she's a precious little angel. Yesterday with how sick she was, she prayed for me for my allergies. I didn't understand most of what she said, but it touched me to have her praying for me. The other little one is playing with a giant rubberband right now. He thinks he's cool. He's pretty cute though, I will give him that!!
So I am very tired today. I am praying to get thru the day. It's not like an overwhelming, oh I can't make it kind of feeling. It's just an I really want to go back to bed feeling.
So I am preaching tonight at youth group and I have no idea what I am going to preach or share about. Not for lack of trying to come up with something, but it's not happening. I am hoping with having just Aidan here I can get into the word and the Holy Spirit will inspire. Otherwise I will rob my kids, and I definitely don't want that to happen. God has placed a responsability in my hands and I have to do my best and His best thru me. He's faithful, I know He won't let me down.
Tim recently got in touch with one of our old college professors. He might go down and speak to one of Mr. Socolof's classes about what it's like in our field after graduation. Well his field since I am currently not using my degree. Which is Radio/Television broadcasting in case your wondering. Since college is where Tim and I met, (8 years ago...wow I'm old,) I will probably go with him and visit and we can tour the campus again and see where we fell in love. Being in a nostalgic feeling today I am wearing my old HCCC or H triple, Or Herkimer County Community College, (say that ten times fast,) sweatshirt. I still look like I am 12 in it. I still look like I am 12 in almost anything I wear actually. I think Mr. Socolof would agree that I haven't changed much other than gaining weight and not being the 115lb girl he once knew. Such a word name, Mr. Socolof....pronounced Sock o Lof. He and Mrs. Carroll were two teachers that really inspired Tim and I . They were both very good to us. I can't wait to see them again. Mrs. Carroll is a Christian. I used to be able to go in her office and spill my heart out and know that I could depend on her for sound advice. As a teacher though, watch out, man she was a killer!!! Eight years isn't really that long, but it does seem like so long ago I was fresh out of high school and off to conquer the world. High school seems like eons ago. I haven't seen most of my classmates since the day I graduated. I wonder what they're up to. I guess I will find out next year at my 10-year reunion. Ten years!!!! Now that is scarry!!!! I don't know if I will go. I don't want to be one of those losers that people ask, "What do you do for a living?" In other words, what kind of accomplishments have you made. I am hoping to get my book done and published within this year so I can actually have an accomplishment to brag about. Not that I care what they think, or not that much so anyways, but just to show that little old Kathy who they thought would never ammount to something, did. I want my life to actually mean something.
So I guess I will go as the little one needs attention. I hope you all have a blessed day!!!!!
Friday, January 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're all praying for Kiersten. Going back to your school sounds fun. I hope it happens for you. See you tonight!
I enjoyed Aidan's message:)
Post a Comment