Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love In the Time of Cholera

Okay...if you haven't ever watched the movie Serendipity you won't get it. But that's the name of the book in the movie. If you have seen it you will no what I am talking about, otherwise it's too long to explain and frankly I am tired. So anyways yesterday was obviously Valentine's Day, which I am not too fond of. I don't think it is different from any other day. I like the expression of love idea, but feel that that is something that should be done year round, not just on one day....now don't get me wrong, I still participate, I am not like anti-Valentine's Day or anything.
On that note, last night my husband forced me to watch a movie, which he wasn't going to tell me what it was. Turned out to be, of course, Serendipity, which is a movie I love. Right at the end he ran upstairs mysteriously and came down with a hidden package. Right at the end of the movie he gave it to me and I opened it and it was a copy of "Love In the Time of Cholera." Just like in the movie. I opened the cover and there was a five dollar bill in it, with Tim's name and phone number, and my name was written on the first page of the book with my phone number. Now any of you who haven't seen the movie, I guess you'll have to go watch it now to see what this gesture means. Anyways he said it was making the point we were meant to be together. It was sweet and original. Although the card had Tim's usual sarcastic joke manner to it. He wanted to go ice skating after that, just me and him, but some stuff came up and we couldn't. Maybe I will try to go tonight....it doesn't have to be V-Day for romance!!! He was disappointed I didn't go skating with him, I gotta try to make it up. So other than that, pretty uneventful, although we had a nice dinner together of stuffed shells and salad. On TV trays....oh the romance. We work too late in the day to go have dinner somewhere. But it was a nice cozy evening at home.
On another note, yesterday was my Dad's 52nd birthday. I got him a card that has a black and white picture on the front of 4 gentlemen saying, "Your old, your old, your old, your old...." with musical notes around it, like they are singing it. On the inside it said, "On that note, Happy Birthday." I wrote in the card..."You always told us to tell the truth!!" I thought it was funny, he laughed too.
Tommorow I have to clean my house....dread, dread, dread. I actually did get two chapters of my book done last week. I wonder how far I would be if I had more time?? HMMMMM......oh well, a little at a time until I am drastically rich and famous for my award-winning novel....hee, hee, hee. Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

How sweet was Tim!:) Glad your Valentines Day was nice. See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

we can have a bagel making party!