Thursday, February 02, 2006

My Friday

Well today is my Friday, and tommorow is my Friday too!!! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! My mother was approved for her daycare provision yesterday at the eleventh hour and here I am, at home, in my pj's, sleeping in until 11am......which I never usually do. Oh life is wonderful!!! Today I must whip my house in order, get the mail, probably by walking Roxy up with me, the both of us need the excersize, and do my workout. Then tommorow I will have all day to work on my book. Speaking of which I was very excited to find a return email from one of my new favorite Christian authors today. I had written an email to Lorena McCourtney, who writes the Ivy Malone Mysteries. Ivy Malone is a LOL, (Little Old Lady,) who solves mysteries. They are great books, humorous and suspenseful. I would highly recommend them. You can get them on any good Christian book website, like crossings.com or cbd. com.
Anyways, I wrote her because she actually has her email address right on her website. How many authors do you know who give an easy way for their fans to write to them!!! So I told her how much I appreciated her books and that they were very insiring and I asked her for advice on getting published and manuscripting. She wrote me back like a ten-paragraph email!! It was really long. And she thanked me for my comments and said the perks of being a writer was hearing that the readers enjoy your work. And then she gave me a website to check out and the title of a book to check out for writing. And then she gave me advice on properly manuscripting!!! I am so excited that this busy author took time out of her schedule to give little old me advice. A lot of them don't or can't do that. So I am feeling blessed today.
Well I guess I need to get cracking since I got up so late today. The day is already half over!!! I hope you all have a blessed day!!!

4 comments:

Heather Dowling said...

11am! Half the day is gone! That's so exciting about the author, unbelieveable. Good stuff. See you next week:)

Heather Dowling said...

Are you kidding! Rich Mullins never goes out of style. My mother was still singing that when I was 18!!!

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! I've never heard of an author writing such a detailed email to a fan!
Have fun with your Fridays...both of them. :-)

Heather Dowling said...

I know:) But you're not old... at all! I'm glad you agree with me on Rich Mullins:)