Yeah so I haven't written cuz basically I haven't been able to. Our power was out Friday at 9Am until Saturday evening. IT WAS COLD!!! Thankfully God provided me with parents who happen to live next door, so I sat in their warm house, they have wood heat, the blower just doesn't work when the electricity is off so they can't run it too hot, but it was much warmer there!!! We spent the night playing dominoes until 2am when Tim and I made our way over here and slept on our living room floor with about sixty blankets, a dog, and a cat who wouldn't get under the blankets to stay warm, therefore keeping me up all night worrying about him freezing to death!!! Tim went out and bought a kerosene heater Friday. I guess it's good to have anyways for future use to. It didn't heat very much but it was better than nothing!! So needless to say, since my book is on my computer and the computer couldn't work, I could not work on my book like I had intended. I even got up early Friday just for the purpose of working on my book and nature had to prevent it. I would have worked on it by hand, but I can't remember the last sentence I wrote so I wasn't sure where to go with it. I can't complain about how cold it was, cuz my good friends Heather and RJay had it worse, their house was like 38 degrees. And it still won't heat right. They have nice parents to stay with too though, so I know they are grateful for that!! I didn't miss the tv. I could've cared less if I had that. I did miss my memory foam mattress and pillows and electric blanket however. The pioneers would've been laughing at us. "Those moderns, look at them, can't handle when that fancy lectricity goes out!!" Of course they all had fireplaces in their homes, and they all knew how to kill wild game....me....not so much!! Needless to say I am happy the lights are on and I have my Doritos. Life is good. Tommorow my sis does not have to work so I get the day off, and I fully intend on working on my book, no ifs ands or buts about it!!! If I am going to get published I need to get cracking!!! So while you all do your Monday routines I will be sipping Vienna Cafe and working on some characters!!! Hope y'all have a great day!!!
P.S. I have added some new friends to my friends list, go check them out!!!
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You're absolutely right. He'll be okay. He wouldn't want me, or anyone for that matter, worrying about him. Rather, he'd want us praying for opportunities for him to share the gospel and to save lives through God's glory. So I'll do just that:)
my parents were without power for all that time too... they had no heat and didnt want to go anywhere else because they didnt want to come home when the power came back on and find that the pipes had burst or something. So the little puppies were wearing their little puppy sweaters.. so glad to hear that you have power again- whats your book about?
Thank you for reminding me i'm flawed. It's really your desire to see me flawless;)
I know you were just teasing. I was just being silly:) Did you watch 24 last night?
Wait wait! What are you talking about. I must have missed that part!
of course! I would be honored to be on such a prestigious list :)
Post a Comment